1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 9.0) for clarification.
3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser, operating system and IP address, this information is anonymised so that neither Linchpin Networks or Google can personally identify you. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6.0 below).
We retain the data that GA collects for 26 months after which is is automatically deleted from Google Analytics.
To prevent GA from tracking your journey through this website we recommend installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on extension for your web browser.
3.2 Email links
Should you choose to contact us using an email link like this one, none of the data that you include will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. We consider email to be an insecure medium and, as such, suggest that you do not include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within an email.
3.3 Contact form
Should you choose to contact us using our contact form the data you include will be saved to a database and an email sent to our customer service team informing them that a new form submission is ready for them to review. For the reasons outlined in section 3.2, the data that you include in the form will not be sent to us by email. Once our staff team have responded to your enquiry, the form submission details will be deleted from the database. Contact form data is not passed on to or processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0 although our web developers and our web hosts are able to access the data should they ever need to.
4.0 How we store your personal information
Personal data submitted to this website is stored on encrypted solid state hard drives on servers operated by one of the UKs leading website hosting companies (see section 5.0).
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted by United Hosting within a UK data centre located just outside London.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- 3m rota-spike security fence and perimeter anti ram barriers
- Blast proof anti-intruder shielded external windows and doors
- Proximity access locks on all external and internal doors
- Interlocked man-trap doors with biometric iris scanners to gain access into data floors
- Server cabinets have locked doors (no open racks)
- Perimeter and internal IP CCTV system monitored 24×7
- 24×7 on-site security guards with static and mobile patrols
- All on-site personnel are security vetted to BS7858 standard
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility
- Full details of United Hosting’s data centre can be found here.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6.0 Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 3 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
- Fellowship Productions Ltd (develop and maintain this website)
- United Communications Ltd (host this website)
7.0 Data breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
8.0 Data controller
The data controller of this website is: Linchpin Networks Ltd, a UK Private limited Company with company number: 05224922
Whose registered office is:
Oak Hill House,
9.0 Data Protection Officer
Mr. Stephen Tyler
Director, Linchpin Networks Ltd.
Telephone: 01284 830841
10.1 Change log
25/07/2018 – version 1.0